This morning the herd grazed the North Riverside Pasture. The River Stour, in full flood, was about to overflow the bank and threaten the safety of the cattle. A day of rain is forecast for tomorrow. I walked the cattle out of the pasture into Hoo Brook Corridor, past the sewage pumping station, up the ramp, through the corral, along the Northern Corridor and into North pasture where they will be safe for the time being.
There is an abundance of water sloshing around the marsh now, in complete contrast to my post of earlier this the week about low marsh water levels. What a difference a few days can make. Time will tell if my water level assumptions are incorrect or misguided.