Bryony

Bryony is another of the highly poisonous plants of Wilden Marsh. I found this specimen in the Swamp this morning, but it’s common and I find it growing on the hills as well as in the valley. All parts of bryony contain bryonin which is poisonous and may cause illness or death. Livestock may also be poisoned by consuming the fruit and leaves. Forty berries constitutes a lethal dose for adult humans.

IMG_6337

Bryony

7 Comments on “Bryony

    • I believe bryony was used to treat stomach and intestinal diseases, lung diseases, arthritis, liver disease, and metabolic disorders; and to prevent infections.

      • Ah thanks. So if the animals eat just a little, it might be good for them. I was worried they’d get at it and fat sick or die.

      • Many common plants growing in our countryside and gardens are poisonous and capable of killing humans and animals if sufficient quantities are consumed. Make sure you know what you are eating.

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: