Hoo Brook Brown Rats (The Movie).

Can you let me know if you have problems with this link, please.

(It’s a rat!

No, I think so too.

I say to man in shop, “Is rat.” He says, “No, no, no. Is a special kind of hamster. Is Filigree Siberian Hamster.”

Only one in shop.

He make special price, only £5).

This entry was posted in Wilden Marsh Nature Reserve. Bookmark the permalink.

28 Responses to Hoo Brook Brown Rats (The Movie).

1. tootlepedal says:

It worked a treat. I loved the closing credits.

2. dave butler says:

That is brilliant Mike, love the new site and if I ever get down to the marsh must remember to tuck my trousers into my boots.

• Thanks Dave. It is only necessary to tuck your trousers into your boots if you visit after dark. Wandering the marsh after dark is not advisable, though, it is likely to suck you up. 😉

Works for me! Aren’t those ratties adorable 🙂

4. The Wildlife Man says:

Haha! Great fun Mike. Now do the same with badgers, if you are up for a challenge.

5. The Wildlife Man says:

Better still, I challenge you to camera trap voles within a month.

6. Shelagh says:

Are there really lots of rats on the marsh?

• The last thing I want to do is give the impression that the marsh is overrun with rats. In fact, the reverse is most likely true.

Rats are essential prey for many of the marsh animals, such as mink, fox, stoats, weasels and polecat. Domestic cats appear regularly in front of my camera traps, and I have seen them carrying rats in their mouth on numerous occasions.

I rarely see rats on the marsh in daylight, but their images from my camera traps and paw prints on muddy banks show that they are there.

7. Shelagh says:

I had a vision of hordes of rats rampaging through my garden.